Friday, May 30, 2008

graduation attire

My daughter is graduating from high school on June 1. I haven't been to a graduation in many years. What is the appropriate attire for my 15 year old sons and my husband and myself. The ceremony is in an auditorium.
Lynn

Dear Lynn,
It really depends on where you are going afterwards. Most parents wear "business casual" i.e. polo shirt and slacks for the Dads and slacks and a blouse for the Moms. Obviously if you are going to a nice party or restaurant after the ceremony, then dress for where you are going after the graduation. Your younger son can get away with slacks or jeans--but I'd wear make mine wear slacks. If it's a fancy private school then dress up a bit more than if it's the local public school in a farming community.
Limo Princess

No comments: