Friday, June 6, 2008

Birthday Party Etiquette

Dear Limo Princess,
I am having a 30th birthday party for my husband. I am planning on paying for appetizers, how do I let the guests know that drinks and entrees are not paid for by me but are available if they choose?

Dear Tiffany,
You word the invitation along the lines of "Join us for appetizers at (wherever) from (whenever to whenever) for Husband's 30th birthday." CASH BAR This tells the invitees that only appetizers are taken care of and that they will have to pay for their own drinks. Nothing from nothing, why don't you have the party at your house--it would be MUCH cheaper than appetizers at a bar and you could theme it like a margarita party with nachos and a taco bar and a cake. It's generally considered rude to keep people through their dinner hour without substantial appetizers/food so it might work out better for you.
Have a great time!
Limo Princess

No comments: