Friday, June 6, 2008

50th Wedding Anniversary Etiquette

Dear Limo Princess,
My husband and I will be celebrating our 50th anniversary on July 5, 2008. We have family out of state and we would like to send them an announcement regarding our anniversary. How do we do this, or should it be from one of our children? We are not having a large party but small ones inviting people to a lunch at the beach house rented for us by our daughter. You might ask if I am looking for gifts. My answer is they would be appreciated if sent. Do I mention gifts are acceptable---that feels really weird and not appropriate. I need some help as to the best way to handle this. Thank you.appreciate your input.
Dear Terry,
Yours is an unusual question, I think that every golden anniversary question I've received in the past has been how to keep people from sending gifts! Unless you are having a large party to celebrate, an announcement would seem to be gift fishing. Send invitations to the events you are having and of course prompt thank-you notes for all gifts received. Congratulations on your anniversary!

No comments: